Friday 2 April 2010

Kaichou wa Maid-sama 01 - Tsundere's really are the best

Who needs panty shots when you have this pretty girl?


Summary -

Ayuzawa Misaki is the student council president of the former all-boy school, Seika High School. In order to protect the girls, she battles the boys everyday. On the other hand, she secretly works at a "Maid Cafe". But a popular boy from school, Usui Takumi, found out! Living in between the double identity of a Maid and a student council president!

Reactions -

I was actually looking forward to this since I follow the manga, although I'm not to sure if this first episode followed the story strictly or not, from what I can tell they followed the story but may of added a bit of their own mix to it, which I have no problem with, it was an enjoyable episode, and I know I'll continue to be watching this!

Although this episode does trip up a bit since we don't really get to see the fun interactions that can be had between Usui and Misaki, and I'm hoping they can bring that fun from the two of them from the manga to the anime successfully. Although we do get to see how easily Usui can irritate Misaki, and it is fun to see how he can do it without barely having to try.

Usually I'm not into the whole maid thing, but she's becoming enough reason for me to get into it

This episode isn't mind-blowing or anything, but if your into this sort of thing it does set up the story well, and from the looks of things it is going to be following the manga relatively close, so I can promise you fun things are in store, with some actual development between Usui and Misaki, although that depends on the anime's length (it appears to be only 13 episodes, I may be mistaken but I am hoping there will be a season 2 since the story does explore the two characters and it gets very interesting.)

It's hard not to like her, she's too damn cute!

So if your into Maid's then check this out, although I'll say this now it isn't full of the pantie shots or guys accidentally grabbing girls breasts, if you enjoyed Kimi no Todoke then you'll enjoy this, as the two main characters are a bit more interesting and colourful.

Looking forward to the next episode a lot, this anime promises some good things. Although despite my love for Tsundere's and Misaki, unfortunately this Tsundere will always be number 1 in my heart..


No comments:

Post a Comment